Pond Boat Rigging
Where can I find rigging directions and diagrams for a 1 meter pond boat made in about 1945?
Here are a few option off the top of my head:
- Search Google Books for old books and magazines. Many are in the public domain, so a free pdf can often be downloaded. Here are a few examples:
- Popular Mechanics - these old magazines are about the right time period. The articles vary in quality and depth. Some issues that I found might be useful:
- Vol. 61, No. 6, pp926-933. June 1934 - "Zip" a Marblehead Model RAcing Yacht.
- Vol. 63, No. 3, pp440-447. March 1935 - Vanja, fast class-A Model Racing Yacht, Part 2.
- Vol. 63, No. 4, pp603-608. April 1935 - Vanja, fast class-A Model Racing Yacht, Part 2.
- Model Yachts and Model Yacht Sailing, James E. Walton (1880). - This book is a classic, but may be too old to be useful.
- Purchase this classic from Amazon.com:
- Visit your local library - you may be surprised!
If anybody else out there is reading this, feel free to chime in with more tips on where to find rigging info for a one-meter pond yacht. Use the form below. Thanks!
Click here to post comments
Return to Model Boats Q&A.